Guideline Rules 1. Please do not post in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS; this is the Internet version of shouting, and is irritating to many posters.
2. Don't get carried away with excessive punctuation (posting dozens of exclamation points, etc.).
3. It’s also a good idea to run long posts through a spell check; doing so demonstrates respect for your fellow posters.
4. Please post in plain language avoiding the use of text abbreviations.
5. Post in the correct forum. If you do not post in the correct forum, your post may be moved to the correct forum or deleted without notice.
6. Do not cross post. Cross posting is the act of posting the same topic in several different forums. Cross posted topics may be deleted without notice.
7. Do not fork threads. This means, do not reply to an existing topic with an unrelated topic. These types of responses are bad form and may be deleted without notice.
8. Do not post with generic, non descriptive or childish titles. Be as descriptive about your subject matter as possible. Include the Brand, Type, Model and serial Number in your post with a description of the problem. This allows the search feature to work more effectively, and also allows other members to easily browse through the search results for relevant threads.
9. Do not reply to posts or threads with spam. Commercial posts are not allowed. Your post will be deleted.
10. Do not bump posts unless you have something to add. Bumps will get deleted.
11. Make an effort to search the forums BEFORE you start a new thread on a topic that already has 100 posts.
12. Be kind and respectful to other members. We all are here for the same reason.
13. Do be sure to read what the other person is actually saying and not what you think they may be saying.
14. Don't get personal; a good general rule: "criticize ideas, not people".
15. Do keep messages on-topic and post on the appropriate topic board.
16. Don't duplicate existing topics elsewhere.
17. Do watch what you say – you are responsible for what you write. Views that are expressed in the forums are not endorsed (agreed with) by servicetechhelp.com
18. Don't post personal information about yourself or someone else in public areas (whether you know them or not) - it's for your own safety.
19. Do respect the Moderators' decisions – the Moderators reserve the right to edit, relocate and/or remove any message, at any time, for any reason. All editing decisions should be considered final.
Absolute rules with absolute penalties: 1. All Members MUST have a Valid email address and Must Leave System Announcements Email Notifications Turned On. No exceptions. Only Admin has rights to post in System Announcements. Any member with bouncing email will be suspended until there email account is fixed.
2. No profanity.
3. Don't post personal/racial/ethnic/gender-based insults, slurs or offensive comments.
4. Don't make posts that are inflammatory.
5. Don't post advertisements. If you are unsure whether or not a posting constitutes an advert, e-mail one of the site admins or moderators before posting. Your business name or website link in you signature is ok.
6. Don't post contact details e.g. phone numbers and physical address details or post other peoples e-mail addresses unless you have their permission to do so.
7. Don't threaten other users. Threats will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.
8. Do Not post links to any technical information in the public areas of the site (Ask a Pro topic). Members only areas are ok.
9. Do Not post direct links to files on ServiceTechHelp.com on other sites. You may and should link to an article which has the information about the file. This avoids broken links and allows only ServiceTechHelp.com Members to get files.
If in doubt contact a site admin. Penalties: 1st Violation: a warning either by PM or email.