Thermador F24 error and beeping PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Public - Discussion board problems >
Message/Author
Next message Jack Brown (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 3:25 pm
Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Our C301US Thermador oven has started to beep and display F24 after baking or broiling. I see that F24 signals something is touching the keypad, but nothing is. We have noticed that after the oven is turned off, the cooling fan stops immediately and the upper panel with the touch pad and display gets much warmer than we remember in the past. After the oven cools down, the error can be reset by touching "clock" three times. Last night, we cooked a pizza and instead of turning the oven off, I lowered the temperature to 110 degrees, to force the cooling fan to stay on. The upper panel stayed cool, and after about 15 minutes I switched the oven off. No error/beep. Upper panel was cool. Should the cooling fan stay on after you turn the oven off? I see that this model has had connection and control panel issues, but until now we have not had any trouble. Before digging in to it, I would appreciate help from anyone with experience with this oven. Thanks, Jack
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Saturday, November 22, 2008 - 8:10 pm Post Number: 2311 Registered: 10-2001

Yes the fan should stay on until the oven has cooled down. Either the relay board or the display is bad. The fan switch must be fine of the oven would shut down in about a minute with out getting hot.
Search for documents using the document search.
http://www.servicetechhelp.com/search/search.php
Next message Jack Brown (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 8:59 am
Thanks for the help, Ron. One more dumb question, does the display sense the temperature or is there a separate sensor somewhere else? I'll see if Thermador will send me a schematic too. That would really help. Thanks, again. Jack
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Sunday, November 23, 2008 - 9:13 am Post Number: 2314 Registered: 10-2001

> there is a sensor in the oven, it is ok. the wiring is inside the contol panel.
Search for documents using the document search.
http://www.servicetechhelp.com/search/search.php
Add Your Message Here
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.