Thermador Thermatronic II ovens PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance >
Thread Last Post Last Poster Posts
Archive through January 10, 20101-10-10  1:06 pmRWeinberger (Unregis30

Message/Author
Next message chas acton (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 11:45 pm
Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
1 of 2

I have the original installation instructions for the CMT21. The rough-out drawing calls for an opening 55-1/4" tall by 24-1/4 " wide. It further says the distance from the front face of the cabinet to the rear wall must be 24".

A vent pipe must be connected to the oven exhaust at the top. The hole in the top board above the stove should be 7" diameter, and centered 20-1/2" back from the front face of the cabinet and 7-7/8" to the right of the cabinet centerline.
Next message chas acton (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - 11:46 pm
2 of 2
Horizontal 2x4 supports (two of them) should be installed flush with the bottom of the cabinet opening, one on each side. Use vertical pieces of 2x4 at the front and rear of each horizontal to elevate the horizontal members from the floor.

The nominal height of the bottom of the cabinet opening is 9", but this is up to the user.

Preferred location of conduit box is above the oven: box bottom is 2-1/2" above the top of the cabinet opening and centerline of box is 13" to the left of the right edge of the cabinet opening. (Conduit box is presumably a 4x4.) Could also be mounted below the oven.

The oven's installation brackets are mounted on each side of the cabinet opening, with the bottom of the bracket 37-5/8" up from the bottom of the cabinet opening.
Next message Ana Gunn (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 5:25 pm
I have a Thermatronic 2. CM21. I went to use the microwave and heard a loud click up behind the control panel. It sounded like a fuse popping.
Now my microwave does no work. Is there a fuse up there? How do I get to it? Where do I get a new one from? If I have to replace the oven......do they make a stainless steel 24" double oven with microwave ability anymore or was Thermadore ahead of their time?
Thank you. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Next message Coffeeman (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 1:39 am
We have a model CMT Thermidor also, and we never noticed it has a microwave built in; to the upper unit. How can this be - the whole thing is made of metal. I thought that metal was bad? We tried it with a bowl of water, and the microwave light in the upper right comes on - but the water does not heat.

Do we need a magnetron? What IS a magnetron?

Help!
Next message Mary Parry (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 4:32 pm
We have the Thermatronic II ovens manufactured in 1984, which we are removing. Any tips on doing this safely and without damaging the ovens? The fuse box is easily accessible.

Re microwave - we had ours repaired years ago - but it didn't last, something to do with incorrect venting causing condensation. Since the repair was $500, we just got a separate microwave.
Next message Linda Barnes (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 8:43 pm
I have a Thermador CMT21. The lower oven is only getting 120V instead of 240V. The wire on the right side is not hot. I need a wiring schematic or service manual to find next point in wiring to test. Do you have service manual and wiring diagram? serial # 716067
Next message Pegi  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Monday, June 07, 2010 - 9:10 pm Post Number: 4320 Registered: 8-2004

Sorry, we do not provide tech manuals / wiring diagrams to non techs. I would be having a professional check this unit that knows this brand, these are more complicated than a normal oven...
Moderator & Assistant Admin. for Servicetechhelp Association.Inc.
 posted on Thursday, June 17, 2010 - 12:00 pm Post Number: 1318 Registered: 2-2008
These are way tough to get into but the wiring at the selector switch is where I see wiring connections burned.
my dogs friendly he just needs to sniff you!
Next message George Moore (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 11:57 am
I have a Thermador CT230 double oven and need the cubic foot capacity for insurance purposes.

Thank you
Next message paul hlavate  Member Level 2
 posted on Tuesday, June 22, 2010 - 1:14 pm Post Number: 563 Registered: 1-2002
Measure it
Next message  T. Levine (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:00 pm
I have the CMT 21- micro started to make louding clicking noise- odor of something burning- saw some light behind panel ( hopefully not fire) shut off breaker- was told no parts around my question is would it be safe to clean both ovens as they still seem ok.
Next message scot hansen  Member Level 3
 posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 4:54 pm Post Number: 1473 Registered: 2-2008
No way, it is time to call in some one that works on these.
It is VERY common for wiring to burn and switches to short in console area, there for it is unsafe to even turn the breaker on.
 posted on Friday, September 17, 2010 - 5:05 pm Post Number: 4864 Registered: 8-2004

Why would anyone think it would be safe to self clean the ovens after a control panel caught on fire.....call out a professional that works on this brand and do not even THINK about turning that breaker on....if no parts are available for this unit would suggest replacing it... ???
 posted on Monday, December 06, 2010 - 10:36 am
I have a sears microwave oven combo wall oven that I want to replace. Model 9114942993. It measures 26" in width exterior. I have very little room to expand. Any suggestions on a replacement?
Next message scot hansen  Member Level 3
 posted on Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 10:56 am Post Number: 1603 Registered: 2-2008
That is a General electric product so try there web site.
Next message mark (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 11:50 pm
the top oven in our thermatronic 2 doesn't shut off. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks! mark
 posted on Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:15 am Post Number: 5587 Registered: 8-2004

Turn the breaker off to the unit and if it is gas turn the gas off also till you can get someone out to look at it that knows that brand....
 posted on Sunday, June 05, 2011 - 4:58 pm
What comparable double electric ovens are currently being used to replace Thermadore Thermatronic II ( overall measurements are 25 3/8 W X 55 7/8 L x 23 1/4 D/ rough opening 24 1/4w x 55 1/4L X 24D)?...I am having a difficult time finding the best fit because the cabinet outside width is limited to 26 5/8"... I would like to have at least a 27" wide ovens...Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Next message John Christianson (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 10:49 am
I'm in the same boat as many posters here.
I have the Thermador CMT 21,and would like to replace with a new oven without doing any modification to cabinetry.
Brand does not matter,Please help!!
-JohnC.
 posted on Saturday, July 23, 2011 - 12:29 pm Post Number: 6662 Registered: 8-2004

All I can suggest is to measure the opening existing for the current oven then find an oven that uses the same cut out opening, you can look on-line, users manuals or instillation instructions can be found..... or call the stores to see if they have something that fits the opening or is smaller. If cannot cut it larger can always trim around the new one if the replacement is smaller...we do not know cut out sizes of ovens, we just repair them.
 posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 5:55 pm
I need the installation manual for the CMT21 Thermatronic Double Oven. Could anyone provide the same. I need to know the power requirements. Please! Thanksgiving is coming.
Thank you
 posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 6:09 pm Post Number: 7267 Registered: 8-2004

Good to see you planning so far ahead.. :-) Give me some time and I will have the public use and care manual and the public install manual ready for you to access, I have to change some things to make them available for you to see...
 posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 6:45 pm
thank you. if it helps, my email is landdesign55@yahoo.com.
Debra
 posted on Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 6:52 pm Post Number: 7268 Registered: 8-2004

Well the manuals do not have the instillation instructions, the model number tag should give you the voltage listings for the unit...most likely 220-240 volts on a 50 amp breaker, to be sure, call an electrician or appliance tech out to connect it for you....
 posted on Sunday, November 06, 2011 - 12:27 pm Post Number: 2034 Registered: 2-2008
Depends on the codes in your area, an electrician in your area will be familiar with the requirements, and make sure your service panel is up to the task.
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: