Everstar hdim35 PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance > Archive through June 17, 2009 >
Message/Author
Next message wayne d (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, July 19, 2008 - 12:29 pm
Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have this icemaker and it quit making ice. It stays cold and if I push the float down water will run into the holding tray, but no ice. The lights on the back display are all out. The manual shows nothing for this happening.
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 9:05 pm Post Number: 1915 Registered: 10-2001

Its almost impossible to find service info or parts on this unit. these units were discounted to under $100 at some retailers earlier this year. they are on ebay for a few hundred all the time.
Home Depot 01-10-2008, 10:11 PM
Everstar 44lb ice maker stainless steel
model# HDIM35
sku# 598-712
upc# 719530210796
old price $399
clearance price $19.97
The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.
Next message wayned (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Sunday, July 20, 2008 - 9:58 pm
Thanks for the info. It seemed like a great deal at the time and 2 years later it is scrap metal. Thanks for selling a piece of @#$% Home Depot.
Next message M Craner (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, October 07, 2008 - 3:42 pm
The HDIM35 is manufactured by Franklin. Sears Parts Direct stocks parts for the Franklin FIM35 (same machine). Most common issue is the supply pump, about $24 from Sears. Very easy to change and the replacement is far superior to the oem.
Next message ss454327 (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, October 25, 2008 - 11:07 pm
We too are stuck with this piece of junk. We are looking for the resevoir level control valve. It is new but was broken when we opened it. The store had discontinued it and said that we should call the manufacturer. They have since been purchased by Franklin and now we can't get in touch with them and can't find anyone who has the parts.
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Sunday, October 26, 2008 - 7:54 am Post Number: 2262 Registered: 10-2001

According to M Craner the HDIM35 is the same as a Franklin FIM35. Sears has parts for these.
Search for documents using the document search.
http://www.servicetechhelp.com/search/search.php
Next message MARTY (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 11:03 am
LOOKING FOR INSTALLATIONDIRECTIONS FOR EVERSTAR ICE MAKER MODEL HDM1M70 ANY SUGGESTIONS WHERE I MIGHT DOWNLOAD THESE
Next message britches (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 - 8:52 pm
My everstar was making ice I shut it off and then the next day would'nt turn back on. It washes, no dirt in filter, floater working no lights on back with mode button what needs replacing
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: