Whirlpool accubake stove PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance > Archive through August 11, 2009 >
Thread Last Post Last Poster Posts
Archive through April 04, 20094-04-09  9:46 pmStacy209

Message/Author
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Sunday, April 05, 2009 - 10:45 am Post Number: 2591 Registered: 10-2001

Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Stacy,
If the burners work ok then either the wiring to the board has a problem or the board is bad.
Search for documents using the document search.
www.servicetechhelp.com/search/search.php
Next message yogi (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, April 25, 2009 - 3:06 pm
my whirlpool gold oven locks and unlocks repeatedly at machine gun speed when the clean cycle is selected. all other functions work perfectly. canceling the cycle stops the problem. I have pulled the back panel and there seems to be a sensor wired to the lock motor right above it. assume its faulty, but that seems too easy. so i am asking the pros. the oven is 10 YR old, so if this is an expensive or complicated fix, i'll just use Easy Off.
Next message Larry Baumgartner (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 12:48 pm
I have a white whirlpool 8053302 freestanding range with a glass cooktop the glass has been broken
I have experience, at swapping parts and connecting electrical components (I have a votech cert.)
Its been a long time since i used this skillset and we didnt shop online then
Its for my own place and i want to do it on the cheap.
I just want to find the right dayng part and number there should be a stove top assembly in white with grey-black glass or any color (i dont really care) ..yes?
Anyone help with part and or number, and best or just good, place to order??
Larry
larrynlynette@gmail.com
Next message Pegi  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Tuesday, May 12, 2009 - 1:16 pm Post Number: 2393 Registered: 8-2004

Larry Baumgartner (Unregistered Guest)

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action will be a good place to start looking for your part, however you will need the complete model number off of the unit to search anywhere...do not know what that number is you posted but it is not a Whirlpool model number...
Moderator & Assistant Admin. for Servicetechhelp Association.Inc.
 posted on Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 12:57 am
I have a Whrilpool Gas Range Model no. SF362LXSY0 ,had it brand new for only 2 years. Came downstairs one morning to see a blank display on Electronic Oven Controls screen. Checked fuse box, tried good outlet, so its not a power problem.

The stove part works if its plugged in but not if its unplugged. The oven does not work at all obviously because theres no display for the controls , also no oven light when opening the door.

Any idea what the problem is? Bad control panel? Something else?

Thanks for any info.
 posted on Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 12:16 pm Post Number: 2657 Registered: 10-2001

> Sounds like a loose wire or bad board.
Next message Nicole Sandbakken (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 4:28 pm
I was getting an EO -FO- code on my wirlpool Gold range I had talked to many and no one could help or fix this problem they kept telling me that there was no code. Try checking the transformer. (but dont try unless you know what you are doing) That seems to be our problem!
 posted on Wednesday, June 03, 2009 - 9:22 pm Post Number: 2691 Registered: 10-2001

> need full model and serial number
Next message ryley (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, June 06, 2009 - 7:24 am
Hi,

I have a gas accubake model # sf362lxtq 2 I tried using the broiler for the first time, (I have the range for 1 year)and the broiler turned on ,ut the flame went out in less than a minute, tried 3 times, keeps turning itself off?
any ideas? thanks, Diane
Next message DNP (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, June 08, 2009 - 12:22 pm
Whirlpool Accubake 24" built oven.
RBD245PDB15
Ser# XS3715557
Problem Description:
Fault Code PF. Blank console that occasionally will work, then get the PF code and beep 3 times. Power ON Reset has no effect. Book says power problem - That really helps. I can do the work myself if I can determine the failed part.
Any help is appreciated.
Next message Kelley F (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, June 16, 2009 - 10:48 pm
Hello,
I have a newish Whirlpool GR450LXHB2 electric oven. I bought it used on Craigslist (I am a full-time student), and everything worked great except for the "Keep Warm" burner. The rocker switch was broken off, so we ordered a new one and attempted to install it tonight. The problem started when we noticed that one of the terminals on the new switch wasn't the same size as the old one. The old switch had two small/one large terminals, the new switch has two big/one small terminals. My husband said no problem and put a new terminal plug on the wire (a larger one)to make it fit. Well, the switch didn't solve the problem, and furthermore we aren't even seeing any voltage on the wires that connect to the switch. Not sure if that has to do with our southern engineering or not. Any words of wisdom?

Thanks for any help.
Next message tb69396 (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 10:28 am
Whirlpool GS440LEMB1 gas range. Error E0-F3

I assume this is the oven temp sensor but does it need tested before changing out?

The oven will start to heat up but error out after about 5 minutes.

Thanks,
Thomas
 posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 11:48 am Post Number: 2535 Registered: 8-2004

Shows either the sensor is open, bad wires/connections or a bad control...sensor should ohm at aprox 1080 at room temperature, if it is out of range replace the sensor if the wires and connections check ok....if the error code returns after the sensor is replaced replace the oven control...these error codes mean there is something wrong in the sensor circuit so could be any or all of the above but the right place to start would be with the sensor...
 posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 3:35 pm
I have a Whirlpool electric range model number RS696PXGB15 that consistently displays an E2 F3 error code each time we attempt to use it. The oven locks and the circuit breaker must be turned off before it can be opened. I don't think the oven is overheating, although my wife thought that it may have the first time it occurred because it smelled the same as when the oven cleaning is done.

I see a lot of discussion involving the sensor and the Assy Control. I am a WHPL employee, so the cost of the sensor is $30 and the Assy Control is $80. I think it is probably the sensor, however I don't have an ohm meter or know how to use one. Will a repair shop test these?
 posted on Monday, June 22, 2009 - 8:56 pm Post Number: 2728 Registered: 10-2001

> I would think they would have the proper tools!
Next message Stephan Miller (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 9:49 pm
I have a Frigidaire GLEF378ABA electric stove.
Now when I try to turn on an element, the clock comes on with a buzzing sound. When I turn it off the clock will go off as well. Now, if I turn on an heating element and the warming element together, the warming element will actually come on with nothing else. If I turn the oven on with the fan, the fan will start running without any heat to the oven. The Controller board has an A1 spot with a "MuRata 1RC" (Which looks burned, when looked at closely) on it, that I located of making that buzzing sound when I turn on an heating element and when the clock starts showing up on its display. I A) don't know what the MuRata 1RC does and is and B) if that could be the cause of my problem.

Thank you so much,

Stephan
Next message Donetta Conn (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Sunday, June 28, 2009 - 8:31 pm
I have a Whirlpool Accubake oven Model #GBS307PRB00, about 3 years old. Just recently it has started to make a rattling noise while heating up, than again upon cooling down. It sounds as if something is loose, any ideas or should I call a repairman? Thanks, in Advance.
 posted on Monday, June 29, 2009 - 7:37 pm Post Number: 2743 Registered: 10-2001

> Donetta Conn, sounds like metal panels expanding and contracting. Hard to tell for sure over the internet.
Next message Stephan Miller (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 12:18 pm
I have a Frigidaire GLEF378ABA electric stove.
Now when I try to turn on an element, the clock comes on with a buzzing sound. When I turn it off the clock will go off as well. Now, if I turn on an heating element and the warming element together, the warming element will actually come on with nothing else. If I turn the oven on with the fan, the fan will start running without any heat to the oven. The Controller board has an A1 spot with a "MuRata 1RC" (Which looks burned, when looked at closely) on it, that I located of making that buzzing sound when I turn on an heating element and when the clock starts showing up on its display. I A) don't know what the MuRata 1RC does and is and B) if that could be the cause of my problem.

Thank you so much,

Stephan
Next message Duane (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, July 06, 2009 - 10:44 am
I have a Whirlpool electric range model number RS696PXGB15 that consistently displays an E2 F3 error code each time we attempt to use it. I have determined that the sensor is OK so based on other responses here, it appears to be the control board. I have a parts diagram of the Control Panel Parts and would like to know which part is the control board?

The diagram shows the Control Panel assy. W/Membrane Switch (part number 4456312) which is the push button controls at the front and also something called Assy, Control (Part number 8302994) which is located at the back of the control panel. The first part is $179 and the second is $166.
Next message AAA (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 5:55 pm
I guess only certain questions get answered on this board and some get ignored. Oh, well!
Next message Ryan Richmond (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 10:30 am
I have a Whirlpool Accubake Electric oven (RF385PXGB2) that came with the house (age of oven unknown). Wife was cooking when the circuit breaker tripped. I reset the breaker and my wife pushed the 'Cancel' button (she thinks) without taking note of the code that was displayed before I could get back into the kitchen. Now the red lights that are supposed to indicate when the stove top elements are 'ON' no longer work. All the elements heat up, though. Also the oven temperature is way off. She set it at 350 and it never seemed to get to that temperature. She cooked a pie with the oven set at 500 and it cooked fine (so oven temp was probably actually 350-400). I messed around with the buttons on the control panel and when I press and hold the 'Cancel' button for about 5 seconds the display shows the code "E0 F0". I don't know what that means. Do I need a new control board? Any ideas? Thank you so much!
Next message Norm Sussman (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Sunday, December 06, 2009 - 12:30 pm
Whirlpool Polara Range Model# GR556LRKC0 (Note: the 0 in the model# =zero).
Ser.# IMP0465534 The oven cavity in this model has a bake function and also a refrigeration function.

The problem.....Console: no display and unresponsive. (It controls oven light, Oven temp, oven timer, reminder timer, refrigeration, oven and refrigeration start-stop.

Cooktop function OK.

Console functions returned spontaneously after about 40 minutes. The time on the clock had to be reset. There was no power failure. What would cause the symptoms, and what is the correction?

Thanks.
Next message Carole-Anne Rousseau (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 3:39 pm
Whirlpool Gold model YGY396LXQG6 purchased at Sears Canada 5 yrs ago. Beeper does not go ON at end of timer cycle. Total silence even though END shows on screen. Tried holding STOPTIME 5 seconds, without success. Double checked sound volume by holding DELAY STARTIME 5 seconds: It's set at HI (volume).
Oven light also is not working. How can I fix both? Thanks.
 posted on Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 8:39 am Post Number: 3060 Registered: 10-2001

> Carole-Anne, sounds like you need a new board for the sound and light may be burned out.
Next message Lee Wade (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, January 02, 2010 - 1:24 pm
I have a GE electric range Model JDP39. There is a whirring sound coming from the area between the base of the cooktop and the oven. It sounds somewhat like a fan. How do I fix it?
 posted on Sunday, January 03, 2010 - 10:19 am Post Number: 3080 Registered: 10-2001

> Lee, start a new topic with model and serial number.
Next message Keith Stout (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, March 08, 2010 - 9:51 pm
I have a Whirlpool Gold Accubake GY396LXPS01. The panel shows code PF and the time. None of the buttons on the keypad work. I installed a new electronic ontrol. I have power to the oven and checked the breaker box. The breaker is set correctly. I have power to the oven on both sides of the plug. I'm stumped. Any help would be appreciated!
Next message Ronn Smith (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 10:51 am
I have a 7 yr old Whirlpool Gold Accubake System Super Capacity 465 gas oven. The clock display goes off after about 10 minutes,I can turn it back on but it will turn back off in another 10 mintues. Also when baking the oven has been recently going into LOC mode... Any ideas?
Next message donnakayo (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 7:54 pm
I have a microwave/oven combo it is a Whirlpool Gold Accubake system made in 2002 I think. I only has about 75 hours cooking on it. I was in a ranch house used only about 2 a weekend for about a year. The new owners wanted them replaced with new silver applances and gave the old one to me. I am a widow and my old oven was out and it was so very nice of them to give them to me. When we pluged it in there is a code E1 red letters and F2 blue letters. What does this mean? the #'s on the set is GHC305PDB6 and #XM3507843 the year on the plate is Aug 2002. Thank you, Donna
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 8:20 pm Post Number: 6157 Registered: 8-2004

Donna, check that model number please, I am not finding anything for that model number...Pegi
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 8:40 pm
I am so sorry it should have been GMC305PDB6. Guess it time I get those glasses out.
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 8:59 pm Post Number: 6159 Registered: 8-2004

Looks like this could get real expensive real fast, could be a bad connection between the keypad and the control, or bad keypad, or bad keypad and bad control board. I would call out a Whirlpool authorized tech to check this unit out and get an estimate before deciding on repairing it or not. Could need a simple un-connect, re-connect of wiring or all of the above. Hope this helps you decide what to do....
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 9:17 pm
Thank you so much I do have a friend that works part time on appliances. I will give him a call. Again thank you.

Donna
 posted on Saturday, May 07, 2011 - 9:30 pm Post Number: 6160 Registered: 8-2004

Good deal....post back and let us know what he finds if you like, this will help others that read the threads.... :-)
 posted on Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 8:03 pm
accubake oven model# gr475lxm5 had f3 e4 code. replaced sensor same code. push clear and get 28 e459 push again and get 00 49. were should i go from hear. thanks.
Next message David Hoaglund  Member Level 3
 posted on Friday, July 15, 2011 - 8:12 am Post Number: 2096 Registered: 3-2007
R.W. - A good model number will help.
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: