Maytag Neptune Error Codes PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance >
Thread Last Post Last Poster Posts
Archive through December 12, 200812-12-08  8:29 pmPlease Help133
Archive through February 01, 20102-01-10  1:27 pmmaytaguser2 (Unregis30

Message/Author
Next message Teddybear (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 12:15 pm
Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have 5 years old electric Maytag Clothes Dryer Model: MDE2400AYW. The dryer one time works the other one doesn't. When it is not working I get message: 3E.
What does mean error code 3E. Is the repair expensive?
Thank you for answer on my question.

Thad
Next message Pegi  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 1:57 pm Post Number: 4310 Registered: 8-2004

From what I can tell I would be looking at the door switch or the connections / wires to the door switch...
Moderator & Assistant Admin. for Servicetechhelp Association.Inc.
 posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 10:24 am
We have a Neptune Electric Dryer - model # MDE6700AYE - and from the thread above looks like our T5 or TS message means a new thermister. We have already replaced that in the past year so my husband would like to do it himself this time as he watched the guy do it last time. Can anyone give us the part number we would need to order as well as a site you would recommend?

THANKS!
 posted on Sunday, June 06, 2010 - 11:14 am Post Number: 4315 Registered: 8-2004

Stacy, as per the earlier post you need to check your air flow from the dryer and from the dryer to the outside first...remove the vent hose and check the air flow out of the dryer vent tube, and see if the error code goes away...if so probably a clogged house vent. If good air flow is confirmed to the outside RepairClinic is a good place to look up and order parts for the homeowner...I do not, nor does ServiceTechHelp have any connections to RepairClinic, it is just a good place to look up parts and get a picture to compare your part to....
http://www.repairclinic.com/Appliance-Parts?SearchText=appliance%20parts&gclid=CM61sMbei6ICFRGenAodhjnwVg
 posted on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 12:49 pm
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that is not getting power. It was working fine until it was unplugged from the socket. When plugged back in, it did not work. I checked the circut breaker and tested the socket and all is well but the washer will not "turn on." Is there a reset button or an internal breaker that needs to be reset or is it a more serious issue?

Model MAH5500BWW
Serial C8089061JL
 posted on Sunday, July 04, 2010 - 1:05 pm Post Number: 4456 Registered: 8-2004

That seems strange...just as a test only, try a different outlet using an extension cord, even better use a different outlet on a different breaker if possible....this will surely tell you if it is a voltage to the washer problem or a washer problem, I have not read of a reset button on these units...
 posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 3:08 pm
Pegi,

I tried what you recommended already and to no avail....still not getting any power to the unit. Could it be the EMI filter or perhaps the whole board is shot?
 posted on Monday, July 05, 2010 - 3:21 pm Post Number: 4461 Registered: 8-2004

I do not know Jeff, never worked on one of these units. Hoping someone else will have a suggestion or two for you later... :-)
 posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 10:35 am
Hello!
We have a Neptune electric Dryer Cabinet Model:MCE8000AYW
To make a very long (10 months) story short:
It is not drying the clothes. It will run and every now and again will dry the clothes but extremely rarely. It also comes up with an H1 code. The upper cabinet works fine.
We have had 2 service techs come in, 1 call to another service tech, and a call to a Maytag tech via the service tech. No one can fix the problem.
We have replaced the sensor bar, hi limit thermistor, logic control board, both thermistor temp controls, completely cleaned all vents and inside/under dryer, replaced bus fuse and then tested power at breaker box and outlet.
By all accounts the dryer should be working just fine. We are at the edge of our ropes here and winter is coming so we won't be able to hang our clothes out to dry soon.
PLEASE help! Thank you!
Next message David Hoaglund  Member Level 3
 posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 11:22 am Post Number: 1462 Registered: 3-2007
Alison, it is probably time for a new dryer. Have no idea what the H1 code is as it is not listed. Also, you can not even get a heating element for this as it has been discontinued. Why put money into a unit when some parts are not available?
 posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 3:10 pm Post Number: 4825 Registered: 8-2004

h1 ...from the tech sheet...
h1 A temperature increase has not been
detected on the lower dryer and the dryer advances
to Cool-down. Consumer may check for a blocked
vent. Service Technician check for heater not
functioning, blocked vent, cool air leaking into drum,
poor seal between drum and blower, bad
connection on igniter sense signal to control board,
thermistor malfunction.

That tells and your techs what the problems might be. Try running the unit with the vent hose off with the unit pulled out to see if it could still be a problem with air flow from the dryer to the outside. If that does not solve the problem then your techs will need to test this unit further. If it heats sometimes and other times not do not believe the heating element is bad, usually it is good or broken, and it is no longer available from Maytag/Whirlpool. Like David said you might want to stop spending money on a Drying System that is not going to be repairable if the heating element does break. Did they test and/or replace the thermister? Even if these check good a flakey thermister can cause all sorts of odd problems.
 posted on Saturday, September 11, 2010 - 3:52 pm
my maytag dryer is setting itself to 99 minutes on sensor dry and continues to run but stops its countdown at 32 without the clothes being dry.

model:mde550ayw
Next message Rey Cueto (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 4:55 pm
I have a MDE5500AYW and the dryer blows cold air and will not dry clothes. I got a 02 code and was woundering how to find the problem? I have ran it with the hose off and looked up into the tube and there is no difference. Also have cleaned the lint trap. Please help
Next message Chatty Cathy (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 5:59 pm
I have the MDE6700AYW dryer, I need info on how to get it into service mode so I can diagnose my problem
Next message Jon Roux (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 11:10 pm
Hi my Neptune Washer is flashing a error code of D3 or O3 hard to tell which one it is. Anyway I thought that the fill valve was bad since the water would not stop running in, but when I unplugged it from the power source the water stopped? Is this a sensor or board problem? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon
Next message Jon Roux (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 12:56 am
I put in the wrong error code in my first message it is actually showing OE error code (overflow?)
 posted on Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 10:18 am Post Number: 5163 Registered: 8-2004

Jon, I do not see a model/serial number.....the ones in here that might help you would need those...
 posted on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 5:23 pm
Maytag Neptune Model MDE 6800 AYQ,
My wife interrupted a drying cycle to remove an article of clothing, then closed the door to continue the cycle. The dryer would not start back up and shows a code of do on the screen. I unplugged the unit thinking this would reset the system, but it still shows the same code ( do ).

Any ideas
 posted on Saturday, January 29, 2011 - 5:40 pm Post Number: 5628 Registered: 8-2004

"do" means the dryer thinks the door is open...either the door is not shut all of the way or there could be something wrong with the door switch itself or the door switch circuit or the wires at or to the door switch....
 posted on Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 10:21 pm
I have a Maytag Neptune gas dryer, MDG7500AWW, s/n 3463895ZD. An error message "A power failure occurred during current cycle. Press start/pause to continue this cycle". When I press start/pause, the dryer beeps and shows the same message. Tried unplugging and replugging after 10 minutes but nothing helps.
Next message April Martin (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 3:10 am
Hi there!
I have a Maytag Neptune washer that keeps stopping. It is flashing 3E, can someone tell me what area that might be?
April
 posted on Friday, April 22, 2011 - 12:07 pm Post Number: 6049 Registered: 8-2004

Might could with a compete model number....
 posted on Saturday, June 04, 2011 - 7:30 pm
What is the reset buttons to push for Neptune dryer Model number MCE8000AYW?
Next message zoraida (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, July 18, 2011 - 8:05 pm
I have a Maytag Neptune Gas Dryer and is giving me problem is giving me a symbol code t5 ( Heater temperature control problem ) model num MDG9700AWW
 posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 12:22 am Post Number: 6609 Registered: 8-2004

Could that be a tS instead of t5?

Which points to a thermister short sensed....

Could be caused by clogged lint screen, restricted dryer vent system to the outside or a defective thermister...

If that is a t5 I have no clue, others may know what that means...
 posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:32 pm
I have a Maytag MDG6700AWW dryer. When trying to start it, the display shows E5 without the top line of the E (looks like an upside down F). Any thoughts?
 posted on Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:51 pm Post Number: 6616 Registered: 8-2004

I do not find anything for that code, perhaps others will have some info for you later...
 posted on Monday, July 25, 2011 - 7:33 pm
My dryer also shows this same code, the E without the top line.
Next message Donna Hartzell (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 7:48 pm
My Maytag Neptune keeps resetting itself to 'air fluff' no matter what type of drying I attempt to do.
Next message Amber (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 6:40 pm
My Neptune Washer keeps saying NF or 99. It will not fill or and if it does it doesnt extract the water out of the clothes. I came home from vacation and my washer was unplugged and this is all happening as soon as I plugged it in. Any suggestions?
 posted on Saturday, August 27, 2011 - 7:07 pm Post Number: 6919 Registered: 8-2004

Not without a model number Amber.....
 posted on Thursday, September 15, 2011 - 8:10 pm
I had the E3 code on my MAH 6700 AWW washer, the symptom, was no spinning at all. I checked the connection to the motor, including the resistance across 1-3, 1-4 and 3-4, the results were 3.4 ohms for all three. I found nothing unusual and I then decided to remove the motor and take a closer look again nothing was found. When I put the motor back in its brackets, I did not tighten the mounting bolts to tight in order to observe the machine in action. It worked perfect. I then tightened the mounting bolts, NO SPINNING and E3 CODE appeared. I loosened the mounting bolts and the machine worked fine. It appears in my case that the bolts when over tightened are binding the spinner enough so that spinning does not occur and the E3 code appears.}
Next message Brad Barnes (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Tuesday, September 27, 2011 - 8:25 pm
I have a Maytag Neptune washer model MAH8700AWW I am getting the error code OE and the machine will not stop filling. I have read that this might mean the pressure sensor, I went down to look at it again and now the door won't unlock and it doesn't fill at all. Any ideas.
Next message craig hassey (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Thursday, September 29, 2011 - 6:03 pm
Have maytag dryer mde2400ayw showing 3E message when iI try to start it. Ideas?
Thanks!
Craig
Next message Debbie Schulte (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 12:38 am
I have a Maytag Neptune TL, model no. fav6800aww, that is giving me an error code of OP. My daughter wanted to learn how to do laundry and closed the lid hard, it was working fine until then. Any ideas? Thanks.
 posted on Monday, October 17, 2011 - 1:02 am Post Number: 7170 Registered: 8-2004

OP means the washer believes the lid is open....I would suspect she broke the lid switch when she closed the lid too hard as a guess. Call out a tech to verify and replace the switch if it is in fact broken. You might see if the plunger on the lid itself that pushes down on the lid switch might have broken off instead...
 posted on Tuesday, October 18, 2011 - 9:36 am
Thanks for your reply Pegi,

Actually, all I had to do (this was before I read your reply and I know this probably isn't recommended) was shut the lid hard again, and it started working. Go figure, at least everyone in the house knows to put the lid down gently, if they didn't know before.

Thanks again,
Debbie
Next message Nikki Abeid (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 8:37 pm
My neptune dryer has an error code of ( ). It's not in the handbook. Do you know what it means?

Thank you,

Nikki
 posted on Monday, October 24, 2011 - 8:52 pm Post Number: 7200 Registered: 8-2004

What is the code or is it just ( ) ??? and what is the complete model number....
 posted on Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 4:21 pm
Maytag Neptune HE Washer Model MAH700AWW Purchased Oct 2007 - No Lights ~ doesn't seem to have power. Worked fine yesterday ~ no power surges etc. Checked outlet and breakers ~ both of which have no issues.
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: