ADVANTIUM SCB2001KSS F3 Error PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance > Archive through June 17, 2009 >
Message/Author
Next message Dan Phillips (Unregistered Guest)   posted on Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 11:55 am Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have an Advantium wall based oven and recently started to get an F3 error.

I have tried cycling the power without good results.

I am not sure which parts need to be replaced to alleviate the F3 error. THe model number for the unit is SCB2001KSS. I have researched and found the following parts in the overall keypad unit:
(CONTROLLER ASSY 68 WB07X10658 )
(PCB ASM - LED 1605 WB27X10395 )
(SELECTOR PCB 1610 WB27X10396 )
(LED DISPLAY 1600 WB27X10429 )

Could you recommend which part(s) need to be replaced to alleviate the F3 error.

Thanks in advance.

Dan Phillips
dphillips210(at)aol.com (to email substitute '@' for '(at)' )
Next message roger hemphill (Unregistered Guest)    posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 2:55 pm Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
i have been getting the same F3 error code on my exact model and it started toward the end of october...
Next message blah blah (Unregistered Guest)   posted on Wednesday, December 26, 2007 - 1:09 am Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Mine just started doing this on Christmas day. I'll be calling the service center tomorrow.
Next message Joe (Unregistered Guest)   posted on Saturday, December 29, 2007 - 1:21 pm Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
Have had the same thing happen to mine after 6 months. Have been told by a local repair guy that the fault is with a $0.15 thermal resistor, and that this is a common problem with GE Advantiums. The resistor disables oven controls and therefore oven operation if temp is too high, but these resistors are apparently failing well below the designed range for the appliance. He said GE does not have a part number for that item, and said that the entire control pad assembly would have to be ordered and replaced if working through GE channels. Of course, this new assembly would also contain the faulty thermal resistor!

On some other boards, I've noted that the highest incidence of failure seems to be occuring at just beyond the 3-year period, or just beyond the GE extended warranty that some have purchased.

Joe, please watch what you post in this public forum, I edited out part of your reply to protect others. Pegi...STH Moderator.

(Message edited by pegi on December 29, 2007)
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: