Whirlpool Gold Accubake GMC275PDQ07 E... PreviousNext
Appliance Tech\'s Private Board > Ask a Pro About your Appliance > Archive through May 02, 2011 >
Message/Author
Next message John Lasswell (Unregistered Guest)   Unregistered guest
 posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:15 pm
Edit Post Print Post Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)
I have the above wall oven and after operating for 5-10 minutes I get a E2 F3 error code and the door locks and display also may read "hot". The broiler element stays on the whole time the oven is on but once the error message is displayed the broiler element shuts down. I tried replacing the temperature sensor but it hasn't solved the problem.

I would appreciate any input.
Next message Pegi  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 10:33 pm Post Number: 6010 Registered: 8-2004

Oven temp too high - over 575 F (302 C) in COOK mode....
Since you have replaced the sensor looks like you might have relays welded closed on the control...might get expensive guessing and replacing parts however....
Moderator & Assistant Admin. for Servicetechhelp Association.Inc.
 posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 2:08 pm
I took the back off and inspected the wiring harness and there is no damage to any of the wiring. Is there a way to test the control panel to see if this is the problem? Is there anything else I can check?

Thanks, John
Next message Pegi  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 2:31 pm Post Number: 6012 Registered: 8-2004

According to the tech sheet for your model number that code means Oven temp too high - over 575 F (302 C) in COOK mode....caused by a bad sensor or welded relays on the control...you have replaced the sensor...might call out a tech that works on Whirlpool to verify everything before paying for an expensive control board ...that is all of the information we can give to you from ServiceTechHelp...hope it helped you... :-)
Moderator & Assistant Admin. for Servicetechhelp Association.Inc.
 posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 2:32 pm
I tested the relays with a multi meter and they are not welded shut. Any other thoughts.

Thanks
John
Next message Roy Murray  Moderator or Asst Administrator
 posted on Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 8:07 pm Post Number: 3420 Registered: 10-2001

Sensor and sensor wiring harness should read about 1100 ohm at room temp. You either have a bad sensor, sensor wiring or a bad board, sensor is cheaper. Nothing else will cause this error.
Search for documents using the document search.
www.servicetechhelp.com/search/search.php
Next message MikeV (Unregistered Guest)  Unregistered guest
 posted on Wednesday, October 05, 2011 - 11:15 pm
I have the exact same issue! Did anyone figure it out. Agree it is either sensor or board...
Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: